Projects such as Lena Business or the Business School were innovative in the market when they were launched in the beginning of this century.
Project Houses for the World (Casas para o Mundo), which involved several portuguese companies in the construction of houses in international markets is another example of innovation at NOV Group.
We also highlight the constructive model implemented in the construction of 12.300 houses in Venezuela, or several products in the industrial area. In 2018, Ecopaint, S.A. – a company of the NOV Group´s Industry area – has even obtained the IDI Certification (Investigation, Development and Innovation).
NOV Group has a special Office dedicated to the innovation field (GDI) which has established partnerships with Higher Education Entities, namely IPL, and has developed joint initiatives with the other companies of the NOV Group. Among these we highlight:
- SinalPlas Project (Ecopaint): an innovative luminescent and self-cleaning signal;
- Add.Additive Project (Lena Agregados): cement products/mortars for additive manufacturing;
- Dry2Value Project (Lena Ambiente): sludge dehydration machine;
- Oxileach Project (Lena Ambiente): electrochemical system for leachate treatment.
In terms of industrial property management, we highlight:
- Applications (under assessment) for patent registration of the Photoluminescent thermoplastic and the Modular and nested concrete blocks wall;
- Registered trade mark products: Artiwall – modular concrete blocks; BetDren – Drainage concrete, SVPlas – Plastic signals (under assessment); ArtiUrb – Street furniture
- Termolumen – Photoluminescent thermoplastic, ecopiso – ecologic pavement, colorbet – coloured bituminous mixture; DrenaPav – Drainage concrete artefacts. Drainage concrete and coloured mixtures have already been manufactured.